Saturday, May 12, 2012

Day 12 - Nottingham to Edinburgh


After an excellent night's sleep, we had an early continental breakfast and then walked around the corner for a few things for lunch on the train.  We got on a 9:30 train that would eventually get us to  Edinburgh about 14:30.  Two pretty short trains and then one really long one.  Unfortunately, the really long one was mostly reserved, but I managed to find Jeri and myself seats.  The countryside was pretty typical for a long time and then, about 45 minutes from Edinburgh, there was the Ocean.  I felt like I was driving down the coast from Half Moon Bay to Santa Cruz again (except that the water was on the wrong side of the road).

Rain, rain, go away.  We seem to be singlehandedly curing the drought problems in the UK.  When we got to Edinburgh, it was so rainy, we decided to call it a day.  Especially since this hostel does not have breakfast.  I hiked down to Poundland and Tesco Express for breakfast food.  How much to buy for 12 people??  I guessed and figured that if I overestimated, we would need two mornings of food.  The good news is we are in a flat with 6 beds in two rooms and a 2 bed room for Jeri and I.  We are in the back of the flat which turned out to be very good as the microbrewery with the world record for the most alcoholic beer (over 100 proof) is across the street.  The biggest issue we seem to have is that the bedrooms lock and one of the students got locked out and couldn't get anyone to let him in at 3 AM.  I guess I am the only light sleeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment